The term “Psychedelic” doesn’t just mean “mind-manifesting,” it also means “soul-manifesting.” There is something intrinsically “more than human” that often feels “more real than real” in psychedelic experiences. These experiences don’t quite fit into the category of a solely internal, imaginal process. Real healing sometimes requires entering into perinatal as well as ancestral and seemingly past life experiences. At the very least engaging the imagination of the psyche at these levels is deeply healing and transformational for our clients, as well as deeply meaningful for the psychedelic therapist.
The 5-day intensive includes 15 hours of pre-training online lectures and 30 hours of psychedelic therapy experientials, including 6 co-therapy guided psychedelic cannabis and breathwork experiences that can elicit the most extreme states possible on psychedelic medicines. Students will learn how to facilitate and practice cannabis-assisted breathwork techniques that elicit N,N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT level psychedelic experiences using special blends of psychedelic cannabis. Because of the intense nature of these experiences, two students will co-facilitate for one practice client, rotating in the positions a total of 6 times.
Students will also learn how to identify, assess and work with specific mental and spiritual health concerns within a psychedelic container, and develop mindfulness protocols to assist in the healing of severe trauma and PTSD and related mental health concerns.
Special topics include parts work and trauma resolution strategies, energetic support strategies, transformational alchemy techniques, and how to provide the necessary preparation and integration support structure to safely assist clients going through major healing and transformational experiences.
What You Will Learn in Advanced Practices in Mindfulness-Based Psychedelic Therapy
- How to accurately identify significant clinical concerns that may affect the successful outcome of a psychedelic therapy session and assess level of concerns for possible contraindications
- Assess and work with trauma and PTSD, and related clinical concerns
- How to provide the necessary preparation and integration support for clinical concerns
- Therapeutic and energetic/transpersonal techniques for situations that are common in sessions with significant clinical concerns present or extreme growth edges
- Therapeutic techniques include: parts work, shadow work, art therapy techniques, handling extreme emotional states, and somatic/mindfulness informed trauma resolution strategies
- Energetic techniques include active imagination processes associated with transformational alchemy and shamanic practices, energy healing practices, and contact with entities and archetypes
- How to amplify any psychedelic experience using cannabis-assisted breathwork experiences
- How to legally and safely provide Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy in compliance with your professional licensing and other legal requirements
Completion of the Level 3 program is a prerequisite to receive the Medicinal Mindfulness credential called: Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy (CAPT).
PSS3 – Psychedelic Therapist – Program Overview
Online Lectures – 15 hrs – $500
- Trauma Resolution Practices and Trauma Resolution Integration Support
- Advanced Parts Work
- 7 Stages of Alchemy as a Map for Transpersonal Development
- Heartships for Clinical Concerns
- Energywork and Otherworldly Practices
- Art Experiential
- Addressing Common Clinical Concerns
- Using Intakes & Assessments
- Suicide Prevention
- Addictions & Psychedelics
- Advanced Cannabis Blends
- Cannabis Breathwork as a treatment modality
Roughly 15 hours of lectures on these topics, with home work and reading assignments, additional content added over time.
Small Group 3 – 7.5 hrs – $250
- Breakthrough experiences, experimentation, movement, breath, guided communication with transformational agenda and awareness support
- 5, 1.5 hour group sessions
Journey Practicum 3 – 12 hrs – $750
- Two day intensives with cannabis breathwork, (Advanced transpersonal practices equivalent to levels 5-7 in transformational alchemy)
- 2, 4 hour Cannabis Breathwork sessions with 2, 1.5-hr sessions for prep and integration
Guide Practicum 3 – 21 hrs – $1,000
- Cannabis Breathwork Guiding, 1 set journeys, groups of 3: lead facilitator, assistant, and journeyer (rotating)
- 6 events, 3 hrs each, with 3, 1 hr long group supervisions after each set of 2.
Total Tuition – $2,500
Optional Credentialing – Psychedelic Therapist – $500
Please visit our MBPT Credentialing page for full description of the Credentialing program.
- 60 hrs practice sessions with 7.5 hrs group supervision and one hour of individual supervision/mentorship
- Student completes 10, 5-hr psychedelic cannabis sessions for clinical concerns, using cannabis-assisted breathwork practices when appropriate, and accompanying pre/post sessions and retains personal, client notes, client feedback, that are reviewed in 5, 1.5 hour group supervision sessions with final supervision/mentorship 1hr session, certificate and ceremony of completion. 3-6 months
PSS3 Time Commitment
Total Class Time 64 hrs
Study/Practice 64 hrs
Credentialing 60 hrs
Total Hours 188 hrs
Total Investment – $3,000 (with credentialing)
Potential Wage and Core Service
Psychedelic Therapist (Level 3) – $100-$200/hour – psychedelic cannabis sessions for clinical concerns, facilitate small groups for clinical concerns, and larger groups, facilitate cannabis and breathwork sessions, become trainers and small group leaders of the PSS program.
Psychedelic Specialist – $200+/hour – Specialized services for experienced practitioners, Medical practitioners, trainers of the PSS program.
Psychedelic Sitters School Level 3 Intensive Dates
Tuesday evening Social gathering 6pm
Wednesday 10am-Sunday 5pm
Includes some mornings off and evening group psychedelic cannabis experiences
August 19-23, 2020 – Completed
May 13-16, 2021 – Open to New Students