Join Board Certified Art Therapists Alison McQueen and Michael Franklin in Boulder, Colorado for a four day Art Therapy Intensive for Psychedelic Therapists and Guides. This intensive will provide a combination of art experientials and theoretical learning as well as two Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy group experiences.
Lecture topics include:
- The role of art in various stages of psychedelic therapy (intake/early assessment, preparation, during medicine sessions, integration)
- Therapeutic qualities and properties of art materials and art processes
- Understanding product, process, and the relationship between the two
- Understanding visual communication: giving feelings form through art materials and processes
- How to look at art with your clients
- The language of symbols, metaphor and imaginal dialogue
Who can attend this training:
- Psychotherapists and established helping professionals (such as ministers, coaches, hypnotherapists, etc.)
- Non-licensed professionals who have completed Psychedelic Guide Training levels 1 and 2
- Graduate students in the field of psychotherapy
No previous art training is necessary; all levels are welcome. Participants must have a willingness and commitment to explore their own artist identity. Note: Consuming cannabis during the intensive is recommended but not required.
You’ll leave this training with:
- Numerous ideas for incorporating art exercises into preparation and integration with psychedelic therapy clients
- Renewed connection with your creative self
- Confidence in working with materials and creative processes as an outlet of expression and tool for deepening medicine processes
- Tools for deepening psychedelic work through art practices
This course is informational and experiential in nature and offers a beginning understanding of what is involved in applying this work. Further training may be required to practice professionally using the skills with paying clients. It is meant to complement other trainings in our program and other professional identities and is not meant to be a complete psychedelic guide training program or art therapy training program on its own.
Learn more and Apply here.
Intensive: July 13 – 16
July 19 & August 2
1:00 – 2:30pm MT