The Center for Medicinal Mindfulness is committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization in which all clients, staff, and practitioners feel respected and valued for their intersectional identities. Racism is a public health crisis that results in significant trauma for millions of people around the globe.
We are committed to anti-discriminatory practices and to providing equal opportunities for everyone. We respect and value diverse lived experiences and commit to ensuring all voices are valued and heard. The Center for Medicinal Mindfulness is committed to modeling diversity, equity, and inclusion and to maintaining an organization that ensures equitable treatment for all. Our staff and practitioners recognize how white supremacy, patriarchy, and exploitation can occur in psychedelic spaces. Showing up for social justice in psychedelics requires leveraging our positions of privilege, critical self-awareness, allyship, and cultural respect.
Therefore, the Center for Medicinal Mindfulness will strive to:
- Understand diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to our work and stakeholders.
- Acknowledge and work to dismantle inequities within our policies, systems, and services;
- Challenge operations and policies that create or sustain inequity, oppression, and disparity;
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with diversity, equity, and inclusion practices;
- Address the systemic inequities that impact our work and in a manner that is consistent with our mission;
- Improve our multicultural leadership pipeline by identifying and supporting practices and policies that foster leadership reflective of the diversity of our communities;
- Commit time and resources to expand the diversity opportunities with clients, practitioners, staff, and contractual relationships; and
- Practice and encourage transparent policies and clear communication in all interactions.
As community healers, the Center for Medicinal Mindfulness is committed to transforming society with inclusivity, diversity, and empowerment. Ending the war on drugs is merely the first step on a long journey to equity.