Somatic Psychotherapy Training
Cannabis-Assisted Somatic Psychotherapy: A Psychedelic Therapy Training in Resilience Building, Trauma Healing, and Radical World Peace Work
Calling all psychotherapists, healers, ministers or clergy, medical professionals, trained psychedelic guides, and established helping professionals
- Are you curious about the intersection between somatic therapy, trauma, and psychedelics?
- Do you find yourself lacking the skill sets to engage in deep trauma work with your clients without getting burnt out?
- Are you ready to explore the world of legal above board psychedelic therapy with licensed experts in the field?
- Are you feeling called to plant medicine work and aren’t sure where to begin?
- Do you have a deep sense that the body is the way… that within our bodies we all already possess the capacities to awaken and thrive?
- Do you want to feel more confident in your understanding of how the miracles of healing occur in a holistic model?
Where there are humans, there’s trauma. We all have something left unresolved, something we wish hadn’t happened in that way, something that impacted us and the way we show up in the world. We each hold ancient patterns within us that we’re ready to uncover, discover, heal and transform.
Over the years we have found that somatic and trauma training is absolutely essential in psychedelic therapy. Given the profoundly psychedelic nature of cannabis, we believe it is important for psychedelic guides or therapists to have a foundation in somatic trauma work.
In this eight week online Cannabis-Assisted Somatic Psychotherapy training you will explore a foundational understanding of the neurobiology of trauma and a deep understanding of the role of resources in resilience and healing.
Partake in an optional four day psychedelic intensive for the opportunity to practice the skill sets learned in part one. You will also have several experiential opportunities to experience the transformative power of psychedelic cannabis yourself.
This course offers:
- 40 live hours of experiential training as well as pre-recorded content from experts in the field
- Expand your capacity to facilitate and deepen your client’s connection to resource as the foundation of all therapeutic work
- Build skills to assess and grow clients’ somatic awareness capacities
- Discover the somatic pathways toward healing and how to support the pacing and practice of opening these pathways
- Incorporate pendulation and titration into somatic psychedelic trauma work
- Practice grounding and present moment awareness in trauma work before, during and after psychedelic therapy sessions
- Grow assessment and intervention skills for working within a client’s window of tolerance as well as supporting them to grow their window over time
- Learn somatic trauma interventions and practice facilitating with classmates
- Add to your energetic self-care practice toolkit that are essential for successful psychedelic guiding
Module One (Online)
March 27 – May 15, 2023
Mondays 5:00pm – 6:30pm MT
Online or In-person Intensive
- In-person Intensive (Boulder, CO)
May 18 – 21, 2023
9:00am – 5:00pm MT
- Online Intensive
June 1-4, 2023
9:00am – 5:00pm MT
Note: Consuming cannabis during the online or in person training intensive is recommended but not required. We can only recommend attending our program if you can legally use cannabis, either through obtaining a medical card, or where cannabis is legal under state and local laws for adult consumption.
- Module One: 8 Week Course (Online) – $1500
- Module Two: 4 Day Intensive
-Option between Online or In-person
–Prerequisite: Module One
In-person Optional Psychedelic-Assisted Intensive – $2500
Online Optional Psychedelic-Assisted Intensive – $2250
Katie Asmus MA, LPC, BMP, describes her work as “bringing forth the innate wisdom within every-body, and opening people’s minds and hearts to greater possibilities.” Founder of The Somatic Wilderness Therapy Institute, Katie practices as a Somatic & Nature-based psychotherapist, educator, mentor, rites of passage guide and workshop facilitator. Currently, in addition to running a holistic group therapy practice, she trains healers in Somatic Soul-based Trauma & Attachment Work, advanced EMDR skills, Nature-based therapy methods, as well as Ceremony & Rites of Passage facilitation.
Katie has taught therapists and healers and presented internationally in these fields of study for the past two decades and has published on the topics of trauma, ceremony & ritual, nature-based therapy, and the use of Conscious Choice in therapeutic work.
Katie is an avid learner, creator, and lover of life! She is constantly in awe of the strength of the human spirit and the inherent wisdom of our body-minds.
Alison McQueen, MA, LPC, ATR-BC is the Clinical Director and Co-Founder of the Center for Medicinal Mindfulness. She practices as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Board Certified Art Therapist, and Psychedelic Specialist. Trained in MDMA-Assisted, Cannabis-Assisted, and Ketamine-Assisted Psychedelic Therapies, she also specializes in art therapy, somatic (body-centered) trauma work, harm reduction, and psychedelic integration.
Alison’s clinical work focuses on mindfulness-based trauma and depth work, conscious parenting, and post-traumatic growth. Alison served as Sub-Investigator and MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapist/Researcher in the Phase 2 MAPS sponsored and FDA-approved study for the treatment of complex post-traumatic stress disorder. In 2019 she completed Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy training with the prestigious Ketamine Training Center, and since 2014 she has been co-developing Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy protocols and trainings with her husband Daniel McQueen.